Friday, May 23, 2014

Zucchini Noodles: Better Than You'd Think.

I have a new obsession, and they're called zoodles. Yes, zucchini noodles. My childhood self is watching this all unfold in horror.

Actually, my childhood self would have been pretty psyched to get to use my noodle maker:
It looks like a normal peeler but it has these little teeth. You scrape it across a vegetable (squash type veggies are the most successful, the sweet potato was a disaster), and it creates these awesome noodle shapes. Apparently there are a few different options for noodle makers, but this one was easy and cheap and does the job. See?
  
For my maiden zoodle-making voyage, I decided to go basic and just had them with a meat sauce that isn't very interesting in and of itself so I won't even go into it. Use whatever you like. You're going to want to warm up and soften up the zoodles. You do NOT need to boil them. I saute, either in a little water, or in a little oil, just for a few minutes until they are pliable.

Then, top and serve!
You will end up eating more zucchini than you'd expect, and remember that it is very light so you may want to err on the side of a more filling sauce with some protein if it'll be a main dish.

There is definitely more of this to come!

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails