Friday, January 14, 2011

My Rapid Decline into Old-Ladyhood... part II.

(Ok, so I guess it isn't a rapid decline if the project took months, and now its going to take 3 posts to blog it all, so sue me)

After spending a LOT of time cutting out fabric squares, I was finally ready to sew! this was almost the first time I'd used my sewing machine for anything substantial, so there was a big learning curve and no small amount of swearing and foot stomping (and 2 broken needles, and probably 10x more thread used than was actually needed for the project).

 At this point I started to get extremely excited any time the quilt got noticeably bigger and started obsessively documenting it, which you now get to see...

 Then I started trying to motivate myself by laying it on the bed, so I could imagine what it would ultimately look like...
Unfortunately what you see here is the top end of the quilt... which is very nicely lined up. The other side was not quite so nice, so I ended up trimming it and putting on a wide grey border...

To see how it turned out, stay tuned!

1 comment:

Tina said...

What a neato quilt! The colors match up really nicely :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails