A few months back, I got a new bed. I can't for the life of me find a picture of it the way it looked when I got it, but trust me, it is adorable. (btw, in addition, I got a memory foam mattress... holy smokes, is that thing ever comfortable! I looove it!). With the new bed, I decided I needed a new bedspread, but I just couldn't find anything I wanted, especially because I wanted a quilt, and frankly, a lot of quilts are a little to cutesy for me to tolerate. This began a long saga of quilt shopping, including looking at what I imagine was almost every quilt available for sale on the internet. I am picky, and I didn't like any of them. Then I stumbled across a series of blogs with really cute, cool, modern quilts.
And a project was born.
Do I know anything about making a quilt? No, I do not. Fortunately, thanks to the internet, anyone can pretty much do anything, and I learned a lot about what to do... then, I made a plan! I'm not just an old lady, apparently I'm going to be a nerdy old lady, because I decided the best possible plan was to make the design in excel... I don't know how other people do this, but as far as I'm concerned, it was the perfect solution!
I got my fabric from fabric.com, which I liked because they let you drag the little thumbnails of the patterns next to each other to see if they match... next thing I knew, there was a big pile of fabric in the mail...
rotary fabric cutter, a self-healing cutting mat, and some plastic to make templates out of (most of which came in some getting started quilting kit from Jo-ann's). And, started to cut rectangles- you have to add a .25 inch margin on each piece to allow for a seam.
To see the next phase, stay tuned!