Sunday, May 16, 2010

Gorgonzola and Rosemary Stuffed Dates

Every once in a while, its a Sunday night, and you just want to sit on the couch with a glass of wine, watching some ridiculous movie, and having a decadent treat. This was one of those Sunday nights.

There is a bar around these parts with a delicious happy hour treat, which is bacon wrapped blue cheese stuffed dates (my cholesterol rises just writing those words). I actually own dates, because I've been trying to incorporate them into my green smoothies. I decided to try a version, but I've also been growing rosemary (in addition to Bob the tomato plant and Sheila the pepper plant).
 

Basically, now I want fresh rosemary in EVERYTHING (my egg white feta rosemary scramble on Saturday missed being photographed, mainly because egg whites don't look that awesome in photos, so it won't appear here, but man was it delicious). Here's what I came up with:

Ingredients:
-6 dates (pitted)
-gorgonzola crumbles
-a sprig of rosemary
-enough olive oil just to brush the cookie sheet

I decided that bacon wrapped anything was a little too much even for the decadent treat, so went for gorgonzola stuffed dates, each with a few blades of rosemary in it. Basically, I cut the date, put some gorgonzola crumbles in it (you don't need much), slid in the rosemary, and baked it in the oven at 400. The dates got a little dark on the side touching the cookie sheet, but it ended up tasting really good and caramelized, so it was fine.

I served it with some slices of fresh pear (because its a little intense and sweet) and it was delish! Simple and easy and would be totally impressive if you wanted to make them for guests!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails