Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Have a Vampire Problem?

.... then boy, do I have the answer for you!

Things have been pretty stressful around these parts, I'm not gonna lie. So, I'm trying to take advantage of the small things that can make life a little easier. One of those things is grocery delivery... I've never done that before, but there's a service around here that lots of my friends use and I figured, why not.

So, Sunday night I went shopping online and was all excited to get all these things (I'll post the recipe I actually made later in the week). And, one of the things that was there was peeled garlic cloves. I thought, hey, I want life to be easier, why do I need to waste precious time peeling my own garlic (the correct answer to that question is actually something like "because it only takes about 30 seconds, you lazy lazy person"). So I ordered a package and continued happily clicking off boxes and picking out veggies.

Then, it came! And, in amongst everything else was my garlic!


Now, the first thing you might be inclined to say is something along the lines of "wow, now that is a crapload of garlic". I've been watching obscene amounts of old 30 Rock episodes, so I probably said "what the what!" and channeled my inner Liz Lemon.

Anyhow, it's a lot, but whatever, that seemed fine because I'd use it eventually. Until I saw this:

Yes, my friends. It says November 6, 2012. I am a single lady, living alone, and I have less than one month to consume an entire pound of garlic. Help!

3 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Process it and freeze it in small quantities. Don't forget Ina Garten's "chicken with 40 cloves of garlic" - yummy AND probably keeps some of those Halloween "creepies" away.

yellowfish said...

I think you're right- the freezing in small quantities is a really good idea, otherwise I'll just end up with the same problem but in the form of an enormous pile of frozen roasted garlic.

That chicken does sound good though.... hmmmm....

The Best Text Posts said...

Hello nice poost

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails