Friday, March 5, 2010

Sore Throat Soother: Cucumber Smoothie

Well, I haven't been posting much. The main problem is that my tried and true little camera bit the dust. In fact, if anyone has any idea what makes a camera do THIS by all means let me know (that was going to be a post on delicious roasted tomato fennel soup. oh well):

As a result I have been taking a lot of pictures with my phone (such as the French Lentils picture, which isn't all that bad). I have to, of course, get them OFF my phone, so more posts will be coming shortly.

In addition to being camera-less, this week I am also miserably sick with strep throat, which I haven't had for years. I forgot how awful it is. While trying to find an antibiotic that will take this thing down, I am in dire need of cold cool things to sooth my poor little tonsils. In addition to a lot of regular yogurt based smoothies, this morning I came up with this, which is actually a wonderful thing if you just need something cool and hydrating and don't feel like taking in millions of liquid calories.

No, unfortunately for all of us, its not a margarita. What it is, is a cucumber slushy. I thought of it because I love cold water with slices of cucumber floating in it, something about the flavor is so subtle yet so refreshing. And this is the perfect thing for a sad little sore throat:

-about 3 cups of cold water
-1/2 -3/4 of a regular cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
-7-8 ice cubes

put it in a blender. blend it. drink it. its about as easy as it gets! It sounds strange, but I think in this scenario it really fits the bill if you just want a cooler easier way to get some water in. Next time you need it, try it! (it would also be good with a squeeze of lemon, which I don't have)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails