Friday, December 19, 2008

Phase III: Vodka!

As... the final phase of my vanilla extravaganza, I give you Vodka (man, now that I think about it I could have done a whole 12 days of vanilla thing for Christmas. Ah well, c'est la vie).

Now, I looked this up as well, and there are all kinds of ideas out there on things to do with vodka (I mean really, everything, hot peppers, fruit, you name it). I read something about how you could make cinnamon vodka, and decided to make cinnamon vanilla (because if you think I'm obsessed with vanilla, wait until you see how much cinnamon I go through on a daily basis). The word was that it tastes really delicious with ginger ale. So, having cinnamon sticks and (obviously) vanilla beans, I went for it:

I'll say this. This was most definitively NOT delicious. I think it was the cinnamon, or maybe I don't like spicy alcohol. Whatever, there was no way I was going to drink it or give it to anyone, so luckily I only used a bit of vodka and half a vanilla bean. Anyhow, live and learn. So, I decided to move onto something I KNOW I like... raspberries!

Let me introduce you to raspberry vanilla vodka: the test batch.


In case you're wondering how it worked out, let me introduce you to raspberry vanilla vodka: the giant batch.


I'm just going to say it. This stuff is ridiculously good. I mean, seriously, seriously good. Yay for martinis!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails