Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ode to: Cinema of the 80's


Here is something to add to my list. Its Sunday night, its been a lazy day, and Charlotte and I are lounging on the couch, enjoying one of the best movies of all time. Yes, its true, Overboard is on. I genuinely love it, and may or may not have been known to get teary in the final scene when Goldie Hawn (in an evening gown) and Kurt Russell (in a flannel shirt) jump of their boats, swim towards each other, and make out floating around wearing life jackets. I mean seriously- how much better does it conceivably get?


The thing that I find really amazing, is that after all these years (and many, many screenings) only on this viewing have I noticed a striking and somewhat bizarre similarity with one of my other all time favorites, Big Business-- namely that they both inexplicably rely on mini-golf for a major romantic plot point. Unfortunately, during my time spent in the late 80's I apparently remained entirely oblivious to the full range of possibilities mini-golf had to offer...

ps. If somehow you have gotten this far without seeing either one of these fantastic pieces of cinematography, you need to netflix them immediately. Seriously, just do it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails