Monday, April 7, 2008

Mmmm.... Lemon Bars

I love lemon bars... (now it seems like maybe getting a lime tree was a tactical error? nah, I still want the margaritas. Maybe I just need lemon bars AND margaritas... hmmm...).

Anyhow, I made some on Saturday, as you can see here. I've loved them since I was a kid, and I like them better than any lemon bars you can get in a store because #1 they are not florescent yellow and #2 they are really tart and lemony. This is how you make them...

Crust:
2C flour
1C butter (real, unadulterated, buttery butter. yep)
.5C powdered sugar

Blend these up and then press them with your fingers into a buttered (more butter! hurray!) 9x13 pan-- just make sure its evenly spread, don't completely mush it down. Bake about 25 minutes at 350, or until its a really light lovely golden brown.

While its cooking, mix up the topping:
4 eggs
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (fresh, seriously, its what makes the whole recipe)
2C sugar

Beat the eggs, blend in the sugar and juice and beat more. It will taste even better if you put in a bunch of really fine lemon zest from the lemons you just juiced.

When the crust is done, just pull it halfway out of the oven, pour the liquid topping on, and put it back in. Bake for 25 more minutes, until just slightly golden brown....

Take them out and let them totally cool off before you slice them up... garnish with powdered sugar.

Yum!

4 comments:

Banana-head Pancake said...

I worked at a bakery when I was 14 and we made heavenly lemon bars...I would dream about them!

I need to come to your place - always looks tasty!

femputer said...

I'm a huge lemon bar fan. You've got me drooling here! :D~ See?

::::Lula Boutique:::: said...

YUM!!! Look delicious!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh - those look delicious :]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails