Monday, October 15, 2007

Fairy Glen Necklace


Since this is all brand new, I'm going to start the crafty side of things by showing some of my favorite stuff already in my shop, then eventually move on to newer pieces as I come up with them...

I got the idea for this necklace (or, the initial seed of an idea) last fall on a trip to New York. I had a day to myself while my friends were at work, and spent it wandering around the village. I found this funky antique store, and there was a basket of individual chandelier prisms at the counter. They seemed like they were itching to be made into something, so I made myself a necklace. I've never made anything out of vintage/antique materials before, and I loved it! I wished I had kept the info on the shop so I could have ordered more, but ended up finding some elsewhere on etsy, and this is what came out of it! This necklace is one of my favorites. Its made of dark wooden beads with the prism in the center... I like that its a combination of the really plain wood beads and the sparkly pendant. It reminds me of some scene from some old painting of people having a evening picnic in the woods (yep, cheezy, I know, but what can I say). I tried to think of a name that captured that... this is not quite it, but its close! I also have 3 more prisms, so, I'm sure they will be making an appearance soon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails