Thursday, April 16, 2009

Something Old, Something New

Well, its been a little hectic and I haven't been posting much, but I'd like to bring you a few brief updates...

1. I know you were waiting on the edge of your seat, so I've got to report that I finally was able to make the Miso Glazed Saki Drenched marinade with fish (which is what I was going for in the first place- you can see the recipe at the old post). I didn't have cod, which is what I think would be best, but I got frozen Mahi Mahi from Trader Joes with met my 2 main criteria- 1. it was not break the bank expensive, and 2. it was one of the few varieties of fish I can actually stand. I think overall, it went pretty well, it definitely has delicious potential. The one thing I'd say is the fish seemed to soak up a lot more of the miso, which did make it seem a bit on the salty side. So, for fish, I think I'd up the amount of Mirin, and decrease the amount of Miso. But, it was tasty, and here is the glamour shot...


2. And, big news item #2 is that I made a new series of pendants that I'm kind of into... and, here one is! (you can see more info here)

2 comments:

nancy said...

This makes me think of the moon shining through one's window. Very romantic!

Kim Caro said...

oooh yum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails