Thursday, September 4, 2008

Corny, but good

This was a delicious salad type thing I made the other day when it was really hot! I do not have any kind of clever name for it, although it could be something like "Cold Corn, Feta, Bean, Lime, and Chili Salad". I was going to make a snappy acronym but when I typed it I realized there are no vowels, so it might be rough. If you think of something good by all means let me know.

At any rate, here it is:

1-2 ears corn, cut off cob (I did 1, but also added some Trader Joes fire roasted corn kernels I had in the freezer, because I wanted to get rid of them.)
1 anaheim or other mildly spicy pepper, diced
1 can black beans drained and rinsed well
a couple scallions, diced
some crumbled feta (I used fat free, but thats all up to you)
juice of 1 to 1.5 to 2 limes, depending on how juicy they are
chili powder
salt

I was weirded out by the idea of eating totally raw corn, so I really quickly sauteed the corn and pepper in olive oil. It was just enough to slightly cook it, but it was still very crispy. Then basically dump everything in a bowl, add chili and salt to taste, and put it in the fridge for a bit to let all the flavors get acquainted. I served it with little pieces of avocado on top, and it was delicious. I wouldn't put the avocado in the bowl because it might get mushy, but definitely consider it as a topping. Yum!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails