Sunday, January 13, 2008

Miami Vice

I recently went to Miami, where I have never been before. Although there are lots of things I could be reporting on, one of the main things I found enticing and hilarious about the city (besides the fact that it was 70 and humid in early January, besides the fact I heard MORE THAN ONE skinny lost person dressed in something sparkly casually asking for directions to a super fancy designer store, and besides the fact that I live in LA and I STILL thought everyone looked excessively tan) was that every single thing was in pastels. I thought it was just kind of a stereotype. But, no, apparently not. As a case in point, I offer this lifeguard stand, which as you will see is really, really, really, snazzy.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

I haven't been to Miami since I was a little girl, I think I could live in this!

femputer said...

Ohh, isn't that where the Golden Girls was set? Things were very pastel on that show...

Field Notes said...

That is a very fancy stand. The pastel scene is what I remember most from my brief time in Miami 7-8 years ago. That, and the 20-40 yr old guys wore sweaters tied around their necks even in the summer. And I thought that look died right around the same time Family Ties went off the air :D

yellowfish said...

Oh yes, the colors of the 80's tv shows are alive and thriving in Miami ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails